Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cincinnati Zoo & the Reds

Yesterday I had to come from a much needed visit to the "promise land", ha ha, in other words Ohio.  My mother moved me to a small (5,090 population) town in southeastern KY. Bummer, I know. My boyfriend (do people in their mid-twenties still call their men boyfriends?) had never been to see the reds, or the zoo, or in a big city with skyscrapers.  Being the traveler at heart that I am I took him.  I love baseball, on tv, in person, anytime-anywhere.  We watched as the reds swept the braves in a four game series and he ended his baseball adventures catching two foul balls and watching a walk-off grandslam.  He didn't realize that this is what dreams are made if you are a little kid going to the game.  I've been to games that ended 1-0 in 15 innings with no home runs.  He had a fantastic time at the zoo, he had never seen wild animals up close before.  Again something I had taken for granted as I had been there several times when I was younger.  Amazed by the buildings we walked around Cincy for hours, got a drink at the local third-street bar, and finally started our four-hour journey back home.  After a week in the big city a little peace and quiet sure does a body good, though my visit there is never long enough, it just makes it more enjoyable when I get to go back.



Baseball dreams and Giraffe faces,

                                                      Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment